Multifunctional Metallization Technologies
Replacing conventional metals with lightweight plastic components with high-quality surfaces in a brilliant metallic look offers an attractive, cost effective and sustainable alternative to components made of stainless steel, aluminum or other metals.
Our portfolio includes numerous market-tested solutions such as thermal vapor deposition, electron beam evaporation or sputter metallization, through which we offer a wide range of advantages in the series production, color design and finishing of plastic products such as trims, decorative knobs, door handles or even sanitary products.
Whether it’s corrosion protection, radar and lidar transparency, cool-touch function or shielding of electronic device housings – our versatile Technologies impress with a perfect appearance of products and the equipment of surfaces with multifunctional properties.
PVD stands for Physical Vapor Deposition. A term used to describe a group of vacuum based coating processes. In this process, different metal starting materials are vaporized – for example by ion deposition – and used in gaseous form for the optical or functional coating of special substrates.
In combination with our extensive portfolio of coating technologies, we are able to give your products a perfect glossy or matte surface in different color shades equipped with additional functions.
Functional metallization coatings on plastic housings ensure the safe use of sometimes vital electronic equipment in the automotive, medical and building technology sectors by protecting circuits from external electromagnetic interference.
The shielding layers applied via Sputtering or PVD-Processes consist of metals with high electrical conductivity such as aluminum, copper, tin or transparent conductive ITO coatings. They form barriers against high-frequency interference radiation.
In order to ensure the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of devices with plastic housings, we will be pleased to advise you on the selection of the material composition, geometries or functional requirements.
- REACH and RoHS Compliance
- Metallization of plastics of different geometries in 2D and 3D.
- Partial coating and partial application by masking out.
- Top coats increase abrasion protection as well as chemical and scratch resistance.
- Additional functional benefits such as translucency, day/night design or lidar and radar transmission.
- Visual diversity thanks to a wide range of colors and gloss levels from classic chrome look to smoked black metal surfaces and trendy colors such as rose gold.
- Environmental friendly production and harmlessness to health thanks to the absence of chrome (VI) and nickel.